is certainly not for the faint of heart. This trail beast will propel you to over 55km/hr or 34mph on the roughest of terrains.
In an effort to push the boundaries
of what electric technology is capable of when applied to stand up scooters, Merkava is offering you the Cobra5K. A powerhouse stand up electric scooter with impressive performance.
Built from the ground up
to provide its rider endless hours of adrenaline packed adventures through forest trails, fields and tracks.
Powered by a 1248Wh Samsung Pack
With an impressive 48V-26Ah Samsung rechargeable lithium ion battery this beast will challenge your senses for hours at a time with its max range on a single charge of over 65km or 40mi.
Producing zero emissions,
having no internal fluids and a safe Samsung lithium ion battery you can bring the Cobra5K anywhere you go.
Obsessively engineered and built from the ground up to provide the most exhilarating riding experience.
Intuitive steering, self centering suspension and advanced speed controls let you cruise, commute or rip through your local trails with ease.
The Cobra5K is propelled
by a 5,000watt Brushless Gear Motor powered by a SAMSUNG Lithium ion battery pack with 48 Volts and 26.0Ah capacity. This baby is going to take you places with its stated range on a single charge of over 65km or 40mi..
FOLD, GRAB AND GO.
Bring Your Cobra5K Anywhere
It folds in a few seconds and can easily fit in your trunk, a bus, subway, office cubicle or your apartment.
through any 110V power outlet at school, the office or home. Plug, Play and Repeat!
Merkava’s Cobra5K is made of aircraft grade aluminum
alloy providing the ultimate experience in steering and stability putting the rider in complete control and making steering, acceleration and braking a breeze.
Get there faster! Take control of your destination...every time.
READY TO RIDE? Cobra5K by Merkava is an awesome new personal transportation device guaranteed to leave you wanting more. Overwhelming acceleration, climbing and off road capability unmatched by anything in its class.
*Max Speed And Range Based On A 175lbs Rider And Flat Surface.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Cobra5k comes standard with a 5Ah charger which will charge your battery in 4 to 5 hours. Purchasing the optional 15Ah charger will cut that time down to roughly 1.5 hours. You may select this add on during checkout.
There is very minimal assembly required, including inflating the tires and installing the handle bar. Make sure to fully charge your battery before your first ride, check and tighten all bolts and screws if necessary and read and understand the owners-manual and safety labels. If you are unclear about anything we strongly urge you to send us an email or request a call back so we can guide you through any issue you may be experiencing.
Cobra5K uses a belt drive system which is virtually maintenance free. No need to tighten or oil it as with other chain drive systems. A visual inspection of the belt is recommended before every ride.
Cobra5K is recommended for riders 18 years of age and older.
In most cases, you do not need a license as this stand up board was intended for off road use. However, we encourage you to review your local rules and laws as each province or state has its own by laws. We strongly advise the use of safety equipment like helmets.
Cobra5K can be ridden on bike paths while respecting the speed limit, trails, golf courses and any other private venues. As for street use it is legal in some areas but we encourage you to review your local rules and laws as each province or state has its own by laws governing battery operated transporters.
For optimal performance max rider weight should not exceed 102kgs or 225lbs. Note that performance, range and top speed will be affected with higher rider weight.
Yes, but riding in colder temperatures can affect the performance and battery range. Make sure your Cobra5K is always stored indoors.
Cobra5K was designed for off road use on gravel or dirt trails and on paved areas.
Simply wipe it down with a wet cloth. Aiming a hose or high pressure water gun onto sensitive parts of the board will lead to damages not covered by the warranty.
Our e-Bikes ship from Montreal to all Canadian cities.
The Cobra5K uses rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery packs built exclusively with Samsung cells. We have taken great care to ensure our battery packs are built to the highest standards of safety and performance.
Cobra5K comes with a 2 year limited manufacturer’s warranty. Please see full details on our warranty and returns tab.
Merkava stands behind its products. All our transporters benefit from a 2 year limited warranty.
1. The COMPANY warrants that the frame will be free from defects in the materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years.
2. The COMPANY warrants that the motor and battery pack will be free from defects in the materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year*.
3. The COMPANY warrants that the electrical components including the controller and charger will be free from defects in the materials and workmanship for a period of 6 months.
4. Before shipping, we conduct spot checks on our transporters to validate overall quality and condition of electrical components including motor and battery pack. These checked units have their battery tested and fully charged before shipping.
5. The lithium ion technology we use is intended to last for several years while being charged and discharged several hundred times. However, the battery's life span will depend on your care of the battery.
6. Battery life will depend on your maintenance and care of the battery. We use advanced Lithium-Ion batteries and they should be charged at least once a month to ensure the longevity of your battery. Make sure to only use our supplied charger on your battery as well as a power bar to prevent surcharges.
7. Allow your battery to rest for 10 minutes after charging before riding and for 10 min after riding before charging. Unplug your battery charger after the light turns green indicating your battery is fully charged.
8. Caution: Do not expose your battery to water, humidity and extremely low or high temperatures to avoid potential damage to your battery.
9. If the PRODUCT proves defective AND a claim is filed during the warranty period, the COMPANY at its option, will: Repair the PRODUCT by means of telephone support, email support, or by providing the necessary parts at no charge.
Warranty claims must be filed with Merkava by email: email@example.com
* Warranty on battery will be limited to 6 months if it is determined that our guidelines for proper battery care have not been followed.
The following are not covered by the warranty:
• Shipping to and from or drop off and pick up at our locations for repairs covered under the warranty.
• Wear and tear on frame, grip tape, levers, tubes, tires, brake discs, brake pads, cables, seats, plastic fairings, shocks or suspensions and any other component which wears out naturally during usage.
• Minor scratches and stress marks that may occur during shipping and handling.
•Water damage caused by exposing the bike and sensitive electrical parts to water such as washing transporter with hose or pressure washer.
• Accidents, misuse, abuse, human errors or lack of maintenance.
• Acts-of-god such as fire, flood, earthquake, freezing, etc
• Transfer of eBike ownership
• Damages caused by salt in winter conditions.
The following will void the warranty:
• The modification of your transporter or use outside those specified on this site.
• The serial number of the product has been altered or removed.
• The product has been dismantled and repaired/reassembled improperly or with aftermarket parts.
• Overloading your transporter.
• Storing your transporter outdoors.
Start in speed mode 1 1. Grip both hand grips 2. Stand with one foot on the deck and one foot on the ground 3. Check brake level for positive braking action 4. Press power button on the throttle/display 5. Push the ground with one foot while pressing the throttle to accelerate
Steering Steering your Cobra5K is achieved by shifting your body weight from side to side. Try out these different riding styles to find what suits you best.
1. Ride Snowboard Style with one foot forward and one foot back, shift your weight from heel to toe. Regular riders will have their left foot forward and goofy foot riders will have their right foot forward.
2. Ride Ski Style with feet side by side, drop your hip and push handlebars to the side you are steering towards.
3. Ride Tail Style with one foot forward in the center of the deck and one foot on the tail - this style centers your weight for quicker direction changes. This is an advanced riding style for experienced riders.
Braking Pull hand brake lever toward the hand grips when you need to slow down or stop. When braking at higher speeds, lean back so that your weight is over the back wheel to decrease your stopping distance.
Cobra5K is a powerful stand up board, please treat it with respect and never underestimate its potential. The use of extra wide pneumatic wheels help a lot in stabling the board. Nonetheless care should be taken at first until you are familiarized with the functioning of this transporter. Whether you're a seasoned skater or it's your first time, follow the guide below and always keep your and others safety in mind.
Helmet Always wear an ASTM and CPSC certified helmet when riding. Make sure that chin strap is attached before your ride and follow the helmet manufactures instructions for proper user and fit.
Footwear Make sure to always wear shoes that have good traction on the board and will stay on your feet.
Brakes Squeeze the hand brake lever to ensure there is positive braking action before starting your ride.
Board Control Make sure you are standing on your board with your hands on the hand grips before engaging the throttle and keep hands on hand grips when riding.
ready to roll?
Powerhouse kick scooter
Forget anything you may have experienced in the past with other stand up boards or kick scooters. The Cobra5K will blow you away with its performance leaving you wanting more.
Get there faster
Rip through your local trails like never before leaving no noise or pollution behind. Zip up and down your favorite hills for an adrenaline packed excursion every time.
Powered by Samsung
The Cobra5k kick scooter is powered by a state of the art rechargeable lithium ion battery pack with an impressive 48V and 26.0Ah giving you enough juice for your long rides.
CHARGE ANYWHERE through any 110V power outlet at school, the office or home. Our light weight charger can easily be carried in your back pack so you are never left with an empty battery. Plug, Play and Repeat!
What our customers think
Have done a lot of homework before committing to the Cobra5K and for my intended usage I think the price to quality ratio is great. It is a lot of machine and I am a speed junkie so I needed something capable of keeping up. So far, can’t complain.
I happened to have rented and owned a variety of kick scooters throughout the years and I can’t say I’ve ridden anything like the Cobra5K before. The raw power from the rear wheel is awesome. With so much power I think Merkava should consider introducing an “all wheel drive” version. It would get better traction but you wouldn’t be able to do burns with the rear wheel. That’s just my 2 cents.
Been wanting this type of toy for a little while now and was actually considering more expensive alternatives until I stumbled on the Cobra5K. It seems to be offering just as much for less. I received mine three weeks ago and I really enjoy it. Still not using it at its full potential. Can’t wait to muster up the guts to unleash this animal:)
Sault St Marie, ON
I’m rarely one to comment on websites but I feel this kick scooter warrants a little praise being that it is far from being mainstream, with its price tag and all. I financed mine through the website so it didn’t hurt as much. But wow, what a machine. I feel like I get a workout every time I use it. You have to try it to understand. I do recommend it.
Love it so far. Just received it so I will probably add another comment once I’ve inflicted a little more abuse to it :) All in all, workmanship and built is fantastic though. Beat my expectations for a stand up kick scooter. This title doesn’t do it justice, someone should coin a new word for these machines.
Merkava is a biblical word for “Chariot” and also used by tank manufacturers. It’s actually very fitting for this kick scooter as it is exactly how I would describe it when compared to what we’ve been accustomed to seeing so far in this segment. A real tank of a scooter. Love it.
We are thrilled you are considering a Merkava vintage eBike, a Merkava fat tire enduro electric motocross, a Merkava electric scooter or a Merkava electric bicycle for your commuting needs or exciting trail rides.
We are committed to having you entirely satisfied with your purchase and will ensure this is an easy and pleasant experience for you.
Buy your new electric bike with total confidence and benefit from our 2 year limited warranty and our 14 Day Buy Back Guarantee.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device
choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection