is in a league of its own with a design that evokes classic retro motorcycles.
When it comes to functionality,
this bike is hard to classify. Despite its styling, it is not a motorcycle. Despite the "electric bicycle" moniker, it is not your standard e-bike. There are pedals, so you could get around even after you’ve depleted the battery. However, at 35kg (77 pounds), many people would rather not. Next to the pedals, the VoltArt400 features motorcycle-style pegs for resting your feet while you ride. The result is a product that has far more in common with traditional small motorbikes than with its electric-bike brethren.
propelled by an efficient
400 watts electric brushless motor in the rear wheel and powered by a 48V-11.6Ah Samsung rechargeable and removable lithium ion battery pack that is neatly tucked in behind panels around the motor.
A pair of hydraulic disc brakes on each wheel provide safe and fast stopping. Dual shock absorbers promise a smooth ride without the spine-beating jostling you may have experienced on older gas-powered mopeds or lower end e-bikes.
and a piece of art.
As its name implies this e-bike is truly an engineering gem and a piece of art. Get ready to embark on this exclusive machine brought to you by Merkava propelling you into the future of responsible eco friendly commuting.
At a top speed of 32 km/h or 20 mph,
it's better suited for casual trips into town than mad dashes across the Bonneville Salt Flats. That doesn't stop it from being a stylish, innovative and practical option for getting around. The speed is closer to conventional mopeds than to other electric bikes, making it practical for errands, deliveries and local trips.
VoltArt400’s sleek ovoid battery Packs,
come equipped with a USB socket that allows you to charge up your devices on the go. The paint job is covered in a UV-protectant clear coat to ensure that it keeps its good looks for years to come.
Brushless DC High Magnetic Hub Motor In Rear Wheel
18650 48V - 11.6Ah Samsung Lithium-Ion
Single Cell Capacity
3.1kg Or 6.8lbs
Standard Charging Current
Flame Retardant ABS
40km To 50km Or 25mi To 31mi
Up To 5% Grade
26 X 3 Inches
-Rear LED Brake Lights
-Rear LED Turn Signals
-Front LED Lights
-Front LED Turn Signals
Front Hydraulic Disc Brake, Rear Hydraulic Disc Brake
Yes, Smart Meter LED Display Showing Battery Life, Speed & More
USB Charging Port
Aluminum Alloy Body
Front Shock Absorber
Adjustable Center Spring Shock Absorber
Rear Shock Absorber
Adjustable Spring Shock Absorber
35kg Or 77lbs
102kg Or 225lbs
810mm Or 32in
1850 X 950mm Or 73 X 37in (Wheel Base X Height)
260mm Or 10in
*Max Speed And Range Based On A 175lbs Rider And Flat Surface.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is very minimal assembly required, including Inflating the tires and installing the handle bar and pedals. Make sure to fully charge your battery before your first ride, check and tighten all bolts and screws if necessary and read and understand the owners-manual and safety labels. If you are unclear about anything we strongly urge you to send us an email or request a call back so we can guide you through any issue you may be experiencing.
Yes, as with any two wheel chain and sprocket configuration the chain must be kept clean of dust and debris and well oiled to increase its life span and performance.
VoltArt400 is recommended for riders 16 years of age and older.
You do not need a license, plates or insurance to operate the VoltArt400. However, we encourage you to review your local rules and laws as each province or state has its own by laws. We strongly advise the use of safety equipment like helmets.
VoltArt400 Can be ridden on the road, bike paths, trails and any other venues where regular pedal bikes would be permitted. It is always a good idea to review your local rules and laws as each province or state has its own by laws governing battery operated transporters.
For optimal performance max rider weight should not exceed 102kg or 225lbs. Note that performance, range and top speed will be affected with higher rider weight.
Yes, but riding in colder temperatures can affect the performance and battery range. Make sure your VoltArt400 is always stored indoors.
VoltArt400 is designed for paved areas only.
Simply wipe it down with a wet cloth. Aiming a hose or high pressure water gun onto sensitive parts of the bike will lead to damages not covered by the warranty.
Our e-Bikes ship from Montreal to all Canadian cities.
The VoltArt400 uses rechargeable and removable Lithium-Ion battery packs. We have taken great care to ensure our battery packs are built to the highest standards of safety and performance.
VoltArt400 comes with a 2 year limited manufacturer’s warranty. Please see full details on our warranty and returns tab.
Merkava stands behind its products. All our transporters benefit from a 2 year limited warranty.
1. The COMPANY warrants that the frame will be free from defects in the materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years.
2. The COMPANY warrants that the motor and battery pack will be free from defects in the materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year*.
3. The COMPANY warrants that the electrical components including the controller and charger will be free from defects in the materials and workmanship for a period of 6 months.
4. Before shipping, we conduct spot checks on our transporters to validate overall quality and condition of electrical components including motor and battery pack. These checked units have their battery tested and fully charged before shipping.
5. The lithium ion technology we use is intended to last for several years while being charged and discharged several hundred times. However, the battery's life span will depend on your care of the battery.
6. Battery life will depend on your maintenance and care of the battery. We use advanced Lithium-Ion batteries and they should be charged at least once a month to ensure the longevity of your battery. Make sure to only use our supplied charger on your battery as well as a power bar to prevent surcharges.
7. Allow your battery to rest for 10 minutes after charging before riding and for 10 min after riding before charging. Unplug your battery charger after the light turns green indicating your battery is fully charged.
8. Caution: Do not expose your battery to water, humidity and extremely low or high temperatures to avoid potential damage to your battery.
9. If the PRODUCT proves defective AND a claim is filed during the warranty period, the COMPANY at its option, will: Repair the PRODUCT by means of telephone support, email support, or by providing the necessary parts at no charge.
Warranty claims must be filed with Merkava by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Warranty on battery will be limited to 6 months if it is determined that our guidelines for proper battery care have not been followed.
The following are not covered by the warranty:
• Shipping to and from or drop off and pick up at our locations for repairs covered under the warranty.
• Wear and tear on frame, grip tape, levers, tubes, tires, brake discs, brake pads, cables, seats, plastic fairings, shocks or suspensions and any other component which wears out naturally during usage.
• Minor scratches and stress marks that may occur during shipping and handling.
•Water damage caused by exposing the bike and sensitive electrical parts to water such as washing transporter with hose or pressure washer.
• Accidents, misuse, abuse, human errors or lack of maintenance.
• Acts-of-god such as fire, flood, earthquake, freezing, etc
• Transfer of eBike ownership
• Damages caused by salt in winter conditions.
The following will void the warranty:
• The modification of your transporter or use outside those specified on this site.
• The serial number of the product has been altered or removed.
• The product has been dismantled and repaired/reassembled improperly or with aftermarket parts.
• Overloading your transporter.
• Storing your transporter outdoors.
Although VoltArt400 is technically a bicycle, care should be taken when riding it or any other electric motor powered vehicle. You should treat your new transporter with respect, never underestimating it’s power potential. We advise that new riders always start on the lowest pedal assist mode until they are entirely at ease with the transporters acceleration, braking and manoeuvrability. This transporter has been built to provide you with years of fun commute, please keep your safety and that of others a priority.
Always use bicycle lanes where available. If none are available you must conform to all traffic laws that apply to other motor powered vehicles.
Helmet Always wear an ASTM and CPSC certified helmet when riding. Make sure that the chin strap is attached before your ride and follow the helmet manufactures instructions for proper use and fit. In many Provinces or States the wear of a helmet on e-bikes is mandatory.
Footwear Make sure to always wear shoes that have good traction on the pedals or pegs and will stay on your feet at higher speeds.
Brakes Squeeze the hand brake levers to ensure there is positive braking action before starting your ride. We recommend parking on flat surfaces. If however you must park on an incline, make sure to park your transporter perpendicular to the road with the back wheel leaning against the sidewalk, same as motorcycles.
Control Make sure you are sitting on your e-bike with your hands on the hand grips before engaging the throttle and keep hands on hand grips when riding. Beginners should always start on the lowest power assist mode until familiarized with the Voltart400.
ready to roll?
On a league of its own
Redefining and reinventing vintage and retro electric bicycles. Become part of an exclusive community choosing to reduce their carbon footprint in style.
Commute or joy ride through your city, neighborhood or school campus. Get there faster! No license, plates or insurance required. Adios to traffic, parking or long bus and subway wait times. Take control of your destination...every time.
Powered by lithium ion technology
The VoltArt4oo vintage e-bike is powered by a state of the art rechargeable and removable Samsung lithium ion battery pack neatly tucked into the V-type twin cylinder faux compartment.
CHARGE ANYWHERE through any 110V power outlet at school, the office or home. Our light weight charger can easily be carried in your back pack so you are never left with an empty battery. Plug, Play and Repeat!
What our customers think
I purchased the VoltArt400 for my husbands 40th b-day. Hes always wanted a custom motorcycle but never got around to getting his license. So this was the perfect alternative. He absolutely loves it, leaving me wanting one for myself, but in red.
Have been riding mine for the last three months to get to work and back. Must say I am truly impressed by the attention to details and workmanship. Definitely something to hold to for the long run.
I got my VoltArt e-bike last week. I actually have no intention of riding it! I own a men's clothing store and placed the vintage bike in my showcase. People's reaction to it is astonishing. Men are drawn into my store like kids to a candy shop. It's hilarious, Love it!
Panama City Beach, FL
This is by all means not the fastest e-bike out there but that's okay. It rides real smooth and with its sleek look was really not intended to race but rather cruise around and that it does beautifully. A little pricier than other vintage e-bikes out there but well worth it as it's design and built are so unique.
Fell in love with this vintage bicycle the minute I stumbled upon it. Knew I had to own it. As my first e-bike I have nothing to compare it to, but so far i can't complain. It takes me where I need to go with ease. Range is good and speed as well for city commute. Also looks awesome inside my loft.
I have been getting around my little beach town with my noisy scooter for years now. I'm sure my neighbors are so relieved. I'm zipping through town with zero noise or emissions. Love it, and it looks so sexy on top of it. What a beauty.
We are thrilled you are considering a Merkava vintage eBike, a Merkava fat tire enduro electric motocross, a Merkava electric scooter or a Merkava electric bicycle for your commuting needs or exciting trail rides.
We are committed to having you entirely satisfied with your purchase and will ensure this is an easy and pleasant experience for you.
Buy your new electric bike with total confidence and benefit from our 2 year limited warranty and our 14 Day Buy Back Guarantee.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device
choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection