the Cruiser500’s iron frame has been meticulously engineered to provide the perfect harmony between performance and comfort. With the aesthetics of bygone beauty, and the versatility of a smart pedal assist or throttle only, the Cruiser500 offers quick, classy, and most versatile commuting.
Intuitive Pedal Assist,
with its 500w torque-sensing drivetrain with several levels of pedal assist it ensures that you’ll get the dressed down workout you want or the business casual cruise you need. Between the torque of a brushless motor, and the traditional SHIMANO 7-speed derailleur, the power possibilities are endless. The Cruiser500 crushes all commutes be it a crosstown hustle or a no-sweat jaunt around the block.
All the benefits
of bicycle commuting have been amplified by the electric drive train and vintage-inspired aesthetics, putting the Cruiser500 electric bike in a lane of its own.
a 500W Bafang high speed brushless hub motor
and a 48V-20Ah Lithium ion battery pack, the Cruiser500 will easily reach speeds of 32km/hr (20mi/hr) putting you in control of your ride…every time.
The sleek iron frame is optimized for performance and comfort. It provides a confidence-inspiring ride. The crown jewel of the Cruiser500 classic aesthetic is its elegant moto inspired LED headlamp which you will love during your evening cruises.
Power and control are accessible in a comfortable, intuitive interface. On-demand acceleration is delivered via human power, or with a flick of the thumb throttle. Several power modes are available, providing a ride that’s mild when you need it and wild when you want it.
Two wheels, clean energy and timeless design. Focused on manufacturing perfection, ingenuity and artful design. The Cruiser500 leads the way in the world of electric power assisted bicycles with its unique distinctive details. Ecology has never been so beautiful and so functional. Take pleasure and revel in the ultimate e-bike riding experience on our Cruiser500.
Pedal Only, Pedal Assist With Various Levels, Throttle Only
Up To 10% Grade
26 X 2.25 Inches KENDA Sport Tires
Large Front LED Running Light.
Front TEKTRO DISC Brake, Rear TEKTRO Disc Brake.
Brake Lever With Power Off Switch
Yes, Smart Meter LED Display Showing Battery Life, Speed & More
7 Speed SHIMANO Tourney
Al Alloy KMC Rust Resistant Chain
Promax AL-ALLOY (Optional Tan Leather Grips Available)
SR Saddle Made In Italy. (Optional Tan Leather Saddle Available)
USB Charging Port
Black, Silver Or Army Green
Fortified Iron Frame
TGS/Suntour Aluminum Alloy Fork With Inverted Adjustable Shock Absorption Suspension
102kg Or 225lbs
Total Width 185cm (73in)
Total Height 110cm (43in) Seat Height 87cm (34in) - Adjustable
*Max Speed And Range Based On A 175lbs Rider And Flat Surface.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is some minimal assembly required, including inflating the tires, installing the front wheel, the handlebar and the front headlight. Make sure to fully charge your battery before your first ride, check and tighten all bolts and screws if necessary and read and understand the owners-manual and safety labels. If you are unclear about anything we strongly urge you to send us an email or request a call back so we can guide you through any issue you may be experiencing.
Yes, as with any two wheel chain and sprocket configuration the chain must be kept clean of dust and debris and well oiled to increase its life span and performance.
Cruiser500 is recommended for riders 18 years of age and older.
You do not need a license, plates or insurance to operate the Cruiser500. However, we encourage you to review your local rules and laws as each province or state has its own by laws. We strongly advise the use of safety equipment like helmets.
Cruiser500 can be ridden on the road, bike paths, trails and any other venues where regular pedal bikes would be permitted. It is always a good idea to review your local rules and laws as each province or state has its own by laws governing battery operated transporters.
Max rider weight should not exceed 102kg Or 225lbs. Note that performance, range and top speed will be affected with higher rider weight.
Yes but riding in colder temperatures can affect the performance and battery range. Make sure your Cruiser500 is always stored indoors.
Cruiser500 is designed for use on paved roads.
Simply wipe it down with a wet cloth. Aiming a hose or high pressure water gun onto sensitive parts of the bike will lead to damages not covered by the warranty.
Our e-Bikes ship from Montreal to all Canadian cities.
The Cruiser500 uses rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery packs. We have taken great care to ensure our battery packs are built to the highest standards of safety and performance.
Cruiser500 comes with a 2 year limited manufacturer’s warranty. Please see full details on our warranty and returns tab.
Merkava stands behind its products. All our transporters benefit from a 2 year limited warranty.
1. The COMPANY warrants that the frame will be free from defects in the materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years.
2. The COMPANY warrants that the motor and battery pack will be free from defects in the materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year*.
3. The COMPANY warrants that the electrical components including the controller and charger will be free from defects in the materials and workmanship for a period of 6 months.
4. Before shipping, we conduct spot checks on our transporters to validate overall quality and condition of electrical components including motor and battery pack. These checked units have their battery tested and fully charged before shipping.
5. The lithium ion technology we use is intended to last for several years while being charged and discharged several hundred times. However, the battery's life span will depend on your care of the battery.
6. Battery life will depend on your maintenance and care of the battery. We use advanced Lithium-Ion batteries and they should be charged at least once a month to ensure the longevity of your battery. Make sure to only use our supplied charger on your battery as well as a power bar to prevent surcharges.
7. Allow your battery to rest for 10 minutes after charging before riding and for 10 min after riding before charging. Unplug your battery charger after the light turns green indicating your battery is fully charged.
8. Caution: Do not expose your battery to water, humidity and extremely low or high temperatures to avoid potential damage to your battery.
9. If the PRODUCT proves defective AND a claim is filed during the warranty period, the COMPANY at its option, will: Repair the PRODUCT by means of telephone support, email support, or by providing the necessary parts at no charge.
Warranty claims must be filed with Merkava by email: email@example.com
* Warranty on battery will be limited to 6 months if it is determined that our guidelines for proper battery care have not been followed.
The following are not covered by the warranty:
• Shipping to and from or drop off and pick up at our locations for repairs covered under the warranty.
• Wear and tear on frame, grip tape, levers, tubes, tires, brake discs, brake pads, cables, seats, plastic fairings, shocks or suspensions and any other component which wears out naturally during usage.
• Minor scratches and stress marks that may occur during shipping and handling.
•Water damage caused by exposing the bike and sensitive electrical parts to water such as washing transporter with hose or pressure washer.
• Accidents, misuse, abuse, human errors or lack of maintenance.
• Acts-of-god such as fire, flood, earthquake, freezing, etc
• Transfer of eBike ownership
• Damages caused by salt in winter conditions.
The following will void the warranty:
• The modification of your transporter or use outside those specified on this site.
• The serial number of the product has been altered or removed.
• The product has been dismantled and repaired/reassembled improperly or with aftermarket parts.
• Overloading your transporter.
• Storing your transporter outdoors.
Although Cruiser500 is technically a bicycle care should be taken when riding it or any other electric motor powered vehicle. You should treat your new transporter with respect, never underestimating it’s power potential. We advise that new riders always start on the lowest pedal assist mode until they are entirely at ease with the transporters acceleration, braking and maneuverability. This transporter has been built to provide you with years of fun commute, please keep your safety and that of others a priority.
Always use bicycle lanes where available. If none are available you must conform to all traffic laws that apply to other motor powered vehicles.
Helmet Always wear an ASTM and CPSC certified helmet when riding. Make sure that the chin strap is attached before your ride and follow the helmet manufactures instructions for proper use and fit. In many Provinces or States the wear of a helmet on e-bikes is mandatory.
Footwear Make sure to always wear shoes that have good traction on the pedals or pegs and will stay on your feet at higher speeds.
Brakes Squeeze the hand brake levers to ensure there is positive braking action before starting your ride. We recommend parking on flat surfaces. If however you must park on an incline, make sure to park your transporter perpendicular to the road with the back wheel leaning against the sidewalk, same as motorcycles.
Control Make sure you are sitting on your e-bike with your hands on the hand grips before engaging the throttle and keep hands on hand grips when riding. Beginners should always start on the lowest power assist mode until familiarized with the Cruiser500.
ready to roll?
On a league of its own
Redefining and reinventing vintage cycles. Become part of an exclusive community choosing to reduce their carbon footprint in style.
Commute or joy ride through your city, neighborhood or school campus. Get there faster! No license, plates or insurance required. Adios to traffic, parking or long bus and subway wait times. Take control of your destination...every time.
Powered by lithium ion technology
The Cruiser500 vintage e-bike is powered by a state of the art rechargeable lithium ion battery pack neatly tucked into the V-type twin cylinder faux compartment.
CHARGE ANYWHERE through any 110V power outlet at school, the office or home. Our light weight charger can easily be carried in your back pack so you are never left with an empty battery. Plug, Play and Repeat!
What our customers think
I have had my Cruiser500 for a few weeks now and have really enjoyed it. It turns heads everywhere I go. I thought I would never ride a bike again after knee replacement. The Cruiser500 handles the hills with ease. It is very quiet; the electric power comes on very smooth without any jerk. It is very balanced and not difficult to move around. You can get all the exercise you want by turning down or off the electric assistance. Or turn it up and just enjoy the ride
I've been an avid bike rider (both road and mountain) for 35 years. I became interested in electric bikes so that my wife and I could ride together. We are at very different skill levels and as a result we did not ride together. The idea of an electric bike leveled the playing field, so we gave it a try. We were in the process of test driving different e-bikes when we stumbled across a Cruiser500 in a bike shop. We immediately loved the classic look and I began looking at the specs and quality. Haven’t looked back since.
Best purchase I’ve made in a while. The Cruiser500 bike’s style was exactly what I was looking for and workmanship, quality of its parts and components, and performance/feel is awesome. Was looking at ebikes for a while and test rode a few others from other manufacturers but none of them had the perfect mix of style, quality and performance I was expecting.
Merkava simply redefined what an e-Bike can be setting the bar across performance, style, and craftsmanship. The only way to truly appreciate the magic is to ride one!
A few days into my Cruiser500 and this is the most fun I've had on two wheels in a long time! It's been fun both around town and off-road. No surprise that it's weight and lack of rear suspension make it unsuited for anything too crazy, but at the same time being able to hit the throttle to get over a tough spot on the trail is very cool.
Coby Hibbert -
I live in Arlington and have been having a tougher time getting around due to all the traffic in the area. My wife suggested looking into riding a bike to work but moving at a snail's pace is not for me. I stumbled onto a Cruiser500 while driving one afternoon and was amazed at this electric bike. It rides so smooth and takes the pain out of biking uphills.
We are thrilled you are considering a Merkava vintage eBike, a Merkava fat tire enduro electric motocross, a Merkava electric scooter or a Merkava electric bicycle for your commuting needs or exciting trail rides.
We are committed to having you entirely satisfied with your purchase and will ensure this is an easy and pleasant experience for you.
Buy your new electric bike with total confidence and benefit from our 2 year limited warranty and our 14 Day Buy Back Guarantee.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device
choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection