The Sonic250 will take you places. Whether it is for your daily commute or to explore the next new city on your cross country road trip, this finely crafted personal transporter will be there with you.
WITH A FOLDED
size of only 46’’x 29’’x 14’’ the Sonic250 electric bike can fit in any trunk making it the ideal choice for road trips.
WEIGHING IN AT ONLY 39lbs
including the 10.0Ah removable Lithium Ion battery pack this eBike can be easily handled by most.
the size fool you
though as this compact electric bicycle is built tough for full sized adults and with quality components such as double disc brakes, front and rear LED lights as well as a high capacity lithium battery. The Sonic250 is sure to impress..
LEGAL TO RIDE
in most North American cities, the Sonic250 is a great alternative to portable electric kick scooters which have been banned in many cities recently.
modes will allow you to exercise a little too while exploring.
battery pack allows you to charge the battery at home while leaving the eBike in the car and also double your range by carrying an optional back up battery on your especially long treks.
250WATT HIGH VELOCITY BRUSHLESS
hub motor will offer a max range of 50km on a charge on P.A.S mode at speeds of over 25KM/hr.
THREE RIDING MODES
allow you to use this lightweight portable electric bike by pedaling normally with no motor assistance, use one of the Pedal Assist Modes or use the throttle only option and not pedal at all.
NIGHT TIME RIDER?
No problem. The Sonic250 folding eBike comes standard with bright LED headlights and brake lights allowing you to see and be seen while riding at night.
THE REAR SHOCK
absorber as well as the shocks integrated into the saddle will ensure a smooth and enjoyable ride even on bumpy roads.
Pedal Only, Pedal Assist With Various Levels, Throttle Only
Up To 15% Grade
Front and Rear LED Lights
Yes, Folding Handlebar
Front DISC Brake , Rear Disc Brake
Sport Road Seat
Yes, Smart Meter LED Display Showing Battery Life and Speed
USB Charging Port
Black or Yellow
Aviation Grade Aluminum Alloy
Front Shock Absorber
Rear Shock Absorber
Oil Pressure Damping System With Coil
Integrated springs in the seat
18kg (39lbs) Including Battery
* Total Width 46 In
*Total Height 40 In * Handlebar Width 17 In
* Total Width 46 In
* Total Height 29 In * Thickness 14 In
*Max Speed And Range Based On A 175lbs Rider And Flat Surface.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is very minimal assembly required, including unfolding the handlebar and inflating the tires. Make sure to fully charge your battery before your first ride, check and tighten all bolts and screws if necessary and read and understand the owners-manual and safety labels. If you are unclear about anything we strongly urge you to send us an email or request a call back so we can guide you through any issue you may be experiencing.
Yes, as with any two wheel chain and sprocket configuration the chain must be kept clean of dust and debris and well oiled to increase its life span and performance.
Sonic250 is recommended for riders 14 years of age and older.
You do not need a license, plates or insurance to operate the Sonic250. However, we encourage you to review your local rules and laws as each province or state has its own by laws. We strongly advise the use of safety equipment like helmets.
Sonic250 can be ridden on the road in most North American cities, on bike paths, trails and any other venues where regular pedal bikes would be permitted. It is always a good idea to review your local rules and laws as each province or state has its own by laws governing battery operated transporters.
For optimal performance max rider weight ideally shouldn’t exceed 86kgs or 190lbs. Note that performance, range and top speed will be affected with higher rider weight.
Yes but riding in colder temperatures can affect the performance and battery range. Make sure your Sonic250 is always stored indoors.
Sonic250 is designed for use on paved roads.
Simply wipe it down with a wet cloth. Aiming a hose or high pressure water gun onto sensitive parts of the bike will lead to damages not covered by the warranty.
Our e-Bikes ship from Montreal to all Canadian cities.
The Sonic250 uses rechargeable and removable Lithium-ion battery packs. We have taken great care to ensure our battery packs are built to the highest standards of safety and performance
Sonic250 comes with a 2 year limited manufacturer’s warranty. Please see full details on our warranty and returns tab.
Merkava stands behind its products. All our transporters benefit from a 2 year limited warranty.
1. The COMPANY warrants that the frame will be free from defects in the materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years.
2. The COMPANY warrants that the motor and battery pack will be free from defects in the materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year*.
3. The COMPANY warrants that the electrical components including the controller and charger will be free from defects in the materials and workmanship for a period of 6 months.
4. Before shipping, we conduct spot checks on our transporters to validate overall quality and condition of electrical components including motor and battery pack. These checked units have their battery tested and fully charged before shipping.
5. The lithium ion technology we use is intended to last for several years while being charged and discharged several hundred times. However, the battery's life span will depend on your care of the battery.
6. Battery life will depend on your maintenance and care of the battery. We use advanced Lithium-Ion batteries and they should be charged at least once a month to ensure the longevity of your battery. Make sure to only use our supplied charger on your battery as well as a power bar to prevent surcharges.
7. Allow your battery to rest for 10 minutes after charging before riding and for 10 min after riding before charging. Unplug your battery charger after the light turns green indicating your battery is fully charged.
8. Caution: Do not expose your battery to water, humidity and extremely low or high temperatures to avoid potential damage to your battery.
9. If the PRODUCT proves defective AND a claim is filed during the warranty period, the COMPANY at its option, will: Repair the PRODUCT by means of telephone support, email support, or by providing the necessary parts at no charge.
Warranty claims must be filed with Merkava by email: email@example.com
* Warranty on battery will be limited to 6 months if it is determined that our guidelines for proper battery care have not been followed.
The following are not covered by the warranty:
• Shipping to and from or drop off and pick up at our locations for repairs covered under the warranty.
• Wear and tear on frame, grip tape, levers, tubes, tires, brake discs, brake pads, cables, seats, plastic fairings, shocks or suspensions and any other component which wears out naturally during usage.
• Minor scratches and stress marks that may occur during shipping and handling.
• Water damage caused by exposing the bike and sensitive electrical parts to water such as washing transporter with hose or pressure washer.
• Accidents, misuse, abuse, human errors or lack of maintenance.
• Acts-of-god such as fire, flood, earthquake, freezing, etc
• Transfer of eBike ownership
• Damages caused by salt in winter conditions.
The following will void the warranty:
• The modification of your transporter or use outside those specified on this site.
• The serial number of the product has been altered or removed.
• The product has been dismantled and repaired/reassembled improperly or with aftermarket parts.
• Overloading your transporter.
• Storing your transporter outdoors.
Although Sonic250 is technically a bicycle care should be taken when riding it or any other electric motor powered vehicle. You should treat your new transporter with respect, never underestimating it’s power potential. We advise that new riders always start on the lowest pedal assist mode until they are entirely at ease with the transporters acceleration, braking and maneuverability. This transporter has been built to provide you with years of fun commute, please keep your safety and that of others a priority.
Always use bicycle lanes where available. If none are available you must conform to all traffic laws that apply to other motor powered vehicles.
Helmet Always wear an ASTM and CPSC certified helmet when riding. Make sure that the chin strap is attached before your ride and follow the helmet manufactures instructions for proper use and fit. In many Provinces or States the wear of a helmet on e-bikes is mandatory.
Footwear Make sure to always wear shoes that have good traction on the pedals or pegs and will stay on your feet at higher speeds.
Brakes Squeeze the hand brake levers to ensure there is positive braking action before starting your ride. We recommend parking on flat surfaces. If however you must park on an incline, make sure to park your transporter perpendicular to the road with the back wheel leaning against the sidewalk, same as motorcycles.
Control Make sure you are sitting on your e-bike with your hands on the hand grips before engaging the throttle and keep hands on hand grips when riding. Beginners should always start on the lowest power assist mode until familiarized with the Sonic350.
ready to roll?
High tech Versatility
Redefining and reinventing portable bicycles. Light weight and foldable, take this e-bike with you anywhere you go.
Commute or joy ride through your city, neighborhood or school campus. Get there faster! No license, plates or insurance required. Adios to traffic, parking or long bus and subway wait times. Take control of your destination...every time.
Powered by lithium ion battery pack
The Sonic250 foldable e-bike is powered by a state of the art rechargeable and removable Panasonic lithium ion battery pack neatly concealed into the frame of the e-bike.
CHARGE ANYWHERE through any 110V power outlet at school, the office or home. Our light weight charger can easily be carried in your back pack so you are never left with an empty battery. Plug, Play and Repeat!
We are thrilled you are considering a Merkava vintage eBike, a Merkava fat tire enduro electric motocross, a Merkava electric scooter or a Merkava electric bicycle for your commuting needs or exciting trail rides.
We are committed to having you entirely satisfied with your purchase and will ensure this is an easy and pleasant experience for you.
Buy your new electric bike with total confidence and benefit from our 2 year limited warranty and our 30 Day Buy Back Guarantee.
Utilisez les flèches gauche/droite pour naviguer dans le diaporama ou glissez vers la gauche/droite sur un appareil mobile
le choix d'une sélection entraîne une actualisation complète de la page
appuyez sur la touche espace puis sur les touches fléchées pour faire une sélection